Boaz Night Shelter
Please read the following guidance notes carefully.
Once you have read them, please call the Boaz office on 0161 202 1056
to confirm whether there is a space available for your client tonight.
The Boaz Night Shelter runs from October until the end of April each year. The Boaz Night Shelter is run by teams of volunteers across Manchester, supported by a part time Boaz Night Shelter coordinator.
The Boaz Night Shelter offers basic accommodation for the following groups of people:
- Men who have sought asylum but had their cases refused
- Men who have recently been granted refugee status and are temporarily homeless
Unfortunately we are not able to provide accommodation for homeless European or British nationals, or people who have entered the UK on different types of visas.
An early evening reception service is open every evening from 6pm-8.00pm at The Friends Meeting House, 6 Mount Street, Manchester, M2 5NS. This venue is open only for men who have a confirmed place in the Boaz Night Shelter that night to meet before going on to the venue.
Transport to the overnight venues will be provided for men who have a confirmed place in the Boaz Night Shelter from Monday to Sunday. They must be at The Friends Meeting House, 6 Mount Street, Manchester, M2 5NS by 8.00pm. If they are not here at that time, they will lose their place.
- Accommodation is offered only if there are vacancies
- There are 12 bed spaces available each night in a large, shared room in a church building
- Beds consist of camp beds or sleeping mats, sleeping bags and pillows
- There is no choice of location – guests must be made aware of the accommodation offered, as this may affect their decision
- Evening meal – a hot meal is provided at the venue soon after arrival. There is always a halal or vegetarian option.
- Breakfast is served from 7-7.45am (approx.). Guests will be asked to leave the venue by 8.00 am
The Referral Procedure
- Please make sure that the client is eligible for the Boaz Night Shelter and that they have no viable alternative accommodation
- Please explain how the Boaz Night Shelter works, using the information above. All clients will now be asked to sign a Code of Conduct at the Boaz Night Shelter Reception Venue.
- While the client is with you, please telephone Boaz on 0161 202 1056 between 10.00am and 3.30pm to confirm if there is a place available for that night.
- If there is a space available, please follow the link below to complete our online Boaz Night Shelter Referral Form which will automatically be sent through to us.